Thursday, December 13, 2012

MiraDry success stories


Dear Readers:

miraDry is a popular new treatment in Southwest Florida. And, as a cosmetic surgeon in Fort Myers, I am the recipient of many reviews about miraDry from around the country.  I think you might like to read them too. Here's one

"I just finished my 2nd miraDry treatment! I have done Botox injections for 5 years or so to stop the sweating under my arms. I was ready for something a little more long term. I heard about miraDry at my Dermatologist office. He said it was a new treatment that would provide me long term results, vs. Botox treatments that only last 3-4 months. 

My motivation behind seeking treatment for my hyperhydrosis stems back from Junior High. I remember being extremly embarrassed at the arm pit stains on my shirt and how embarrassed I was in all the pictures I was in where you could see the sweat marks. As I have gotten older and started seeing a Dermatologist, I began to see there are options out there to help. 

So far with the miraDry treatment I am very pleased!! The underarm sweating stopped almost immediately after my first treatment. I waited another 3 months before getting my second treatment. Honestly, one treatment may have been enough; however I figured I might as well get it all taken care of and go ahead with the 2nd treatment. After my first treatment I did have swelling under my arms for about a week. I took 2 Advil every 4 hours and was fine as far as pain management goes. 

I did not have any sweating for about a month or so and then noticed a little sweating, however NOTHING like it used to be. I was able to be in my best friend’s wedding, with no fear of sweating and ruining the dress:). I just had my 2nd treatment 3 days ago and my swelling has already decreased dramatically. I also applied cold compresses on after the first day. I would recommend this treatment for anyone who suffers from severe sweating without a doubt."

And here's another:

"I just wanted to say that though I am 3 months past my first procedure and will have my second later this month, the results of the first visit alone have significantly enhanced my quality of life. My sweating has decreased 90% and I feel like a new man.

Like many others who have suffered silently fo so many years (20+ years for me), words simply cannot express the relief of having this burden lifted.

My overall anxietly level is a fraction of what it used to be, so aside from not sweating, the freedom to wear whatever I like - on top of the relief - is also incredibly satisfying. I simply cannot say enough.

No the $2,900 I paid (in Atlanta) was not cheap, but it was still well worth it - even for just the results of the first visit. My biggest apprehension was not the cost but the fear of it not working or suffering from side effects. I'm confident that after the second visit I'll be 99% sweat free. I can assure anyone reading this that MIRADRY WORKS!!

I did experience the swelling, soreness, "hickies" and a slight degree of discomfort during the anesthesia and once it wore off, but again - I feel the cost/discomfort vs benefit and increased quality of life is a NO BRAINER.

The Physician's Assistant at Dermatology Associates of Atlanta (coincidententally her name was Mara) who performed the procedure had only done it 5 times prior, but did a fantastic job. It is not rocket science and I feel it is almost impossible to do any serious damage with the machine or with the technology (I'm an electrical engineer and researched the technical aspects thoroughly). This technology is commonly used in other areas of medicine. This is simply a specialized application.

Again, my advice to anyone reading this - if you are suffering as I was, do not hesitate. Life is short = )."

Neither of these are treatments I performed, as both the patients and the doctors are outside of Southwest Florida, where I practice. The procedure is the same, however. And I have very similar testimonials on my website, Beauty-by-Brueck.com. If you are one of those who suffers from this troubling condition in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples or Charlotte County, contact me. Let's talk about how miraDry may change your life. The appointment will be free. Thank you.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home