Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dr. Brueck's Final Entry in his Siberian Diary

This is the 14th and final entry in Dr. Brueck's diary of his 2008 medical mission to Siberia.

July 10th 2008

Today, we went to a village that was Ludmilla's birth village. It was a short drive down the road from where were staying and it was a pretty drive through the country side with the rolling hills.

When we arrived, there was a gentleman with his family on a wooden wagon. They were exchanging Russian pleasantries so he gave us a ride on the wagon before we started seeing patients.

Apparently he and his family heard about the doctor coming and decided to travel by wagon several miles to come to the village. What is interesting is that Wolfgang had called Ludmilla's cousins the night before around 10 o’clock to tell them we were coming and from about 10 o’clock to the next day the word spread like wild fire.

We started a little late that day, it was about 10:30 and it was like Grand Central Station. People were sitting outside to see the doctor. It was so heartwarming that people would travel great distances and wait to see the doctor.

We got backed up but were able to get through it and then it was time for lunch. As lunch time approached, there were still several people waiting to be seen and I said I didn’t mind seeing the people and taking care of them but our hostess said we were going to have lunch and they could wait.

We had lunch and then finished up around 5:30. We had a wonderful prayer session that night and exchanged stories and Wolfgang was very happy with what we were able to accomplish. The fact that we came and, he said he heard many comments that the doctor took his time and explained the conditions to the people, this is something they are not used to.

They were impressed that we had come half-way around the world to share the gospel with them and to share our love and faith with them as well. He said this certainly will give the Christian faith a lot of credibility as he continues his mission work after we leave.

From what I understand, there will be another team coming in September to further what we were able to accomplish in these few weeks here. It was a great experience and we went to bed around 11:30 or 12:00.

We are going to leave early in the morning around 6:00 to begin the long journey back to Abacon to fly back to Moscow.


This concludes Dr. Brueck's journal entries, made on the ground in Russia, about his experiences as a visiting doctor in July, 2008 in the remote villages of Siberia.

If you have found this to be an interesting read, we would welcome your comments. Thank you.

Labels: , ,


Anonymous R. said...

This was a wonderful experience for both you and the Russian lives that you and your co-workers touched. I appreciate the fact that you were willing to give up so much time (and your creature comforts!) to minister to those in need. Your journal entries made for a great read, contributing information, invoking empathy, and providing a few chuckles! Now, I hope you're catching up on your sleep!

August 31, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home