Friday, June 29, 2012

Mac users pay more - Orbitz


The Wall Street Journal today (Tues 6/26) had an article on the front page that caught my attention.  The title was “On Orbitz, Mac users steered to pricier Hotels.”  

Orbitz, through their information gathering machine, found that Mac users on average will spend $20-$30 more on hotels than their PC counterparts.  

Mac users are 40% more likely to book a 4 to 5 star hotel than PC users.  

We now live in a world of number-crunching and data-collecting.  This is commonly referred to the science of predictive analytics – now why wasn’t that offered to me when I went to college.  

It’s a brave new world. To me it’s not reassuring or comforting. Our privacy has long been stripped from us.  But, as your plastic surgeon in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, I can assure you that your personal information is secure with me and my staff..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home